Do you have pile of used wrapping paper ? Let’s ask our children to use it to make heart weaving. In order to make it we need:
- Used card/ wrapping paper ( The size of the card in the picture is 5.7inch x 4.3 inch)
- Paper strips from used wrapping paper (The width size of the paper strips in the picture is 1cm)
How to make it:
- Put the card in portrait. Spare 1 cm space from the top and the bottom of the card. Draw 18 vertical lines with the space length of each lines is 0.5 cm.
- Slice the lines with cutter.
- Slip the paper strip underneath the columns on the card and show :
- The first paper on the 9th column (whether from left or right of the card).
- The second paper on the 8th, 9th and 10th columns
- The third paper on the 7th until the 11th columns
- The fourth paper on the 6th until the 12th columns
- The fifth paper on the 5th until the 13th columns
- The sixth paper on the 4th until the 14th columns
- The seventh paper on the 3rd until the 8th columns, slip underneath the 9th column, and show it again on the 10th until the 15th
- The eighth paper on the 2nd until the 7th columns, slip underneath the 8th until 10th columns, and show it again on the 11th until the 16th
- The ninth paper on the 1st until the 6th columns, slip underneath the 7th until the 11th columns, and show it again on the 12th until the 17th
- The tenth paper on the 2nd until the 5th columns, slip underneath the 6th until the 12th columns, and show it again on the 13th until the 16th
- The last on the 3rd until the 4th columns, slip underneath the 5th until the 13th columns, and show it again on the 14th until the 15th
- Flip the card and glue the paper strips onto the card.
- The heart weaving is done.
The heart weaving can be use for many kinds of purpose such as:
- Greeting card: To make it as a card, just paste blank paper on to the back of the heart weaving. Use it to write the greetings
- Book cover decoration: Just paste the card onto a book cover.
- As a wall decoration: Just frame the card and hang it on to the wall.
The heart weaving is great for children age 5 years old and above as it requires medium fine motor muscles and pattern mastery.